12 Benefits of Rosewater for Acne (#1 Top Acne Natural Remedy)
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions in the world which is not going to kill you but definitely could kill your confidence especially when it appears in your face. Acne occurs when sebum or oil substance produced in the glands inside your pores which its main function is to carry dead skin cells to the surface. However, sometimes the process is not completely smooth and the dead skin cells got clog up with sebum where bacteria will cause the swelling. That is when acne is occurring. Acnes are not only appearing in the face but also in the back, chest, neck and shoulders.
- Benefits of Malai
- Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin
- Benefits of Facials
- Benefits of Coffee for Skin and Hair
Nowadays there are a lot of cosmetic products that claim to be effective in treating or preventing acnes. Well, those products might be effective but there are also a lot of natural remedies you could use to overcome your acne issue. Those natural remedies, though sometime required more time, come with almost no side effect, unless you have specific condition like allergies. One of the highly recommended natural remedy is by using rosewater. There are a lot of benefits of rosewater for acne as natural remedy. It is not only able to treat but also able to prevent acnes to reappear.
- Prevent Acne and Pimples Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Acnes
- Benefits of Raw Turmeric for Skin
- Benefits of Raw Milk on Skin
What is Rosewater?
Well, from the name you must have known that rosewater is water made from rose petals. This kind of water is not only containing all the benefits of rose but also becoming one of the most popular natural fragrances because the smell of rosewater is very distinctive. It is true that there are a lot of benefits of rosewater for acne but in cosmetic industry rosewater has been used not only to treat acne but also for fragrance, skin cold cream, toner, skin sprayer and many more. Moreover, in some countries rose water is also used in baking and cooking due to its unique smell.
- Avocado Face Mask Benefits
- Health Benefits of Moringa Leaves on Skin
- Benefits of Ginger for Skin
- Health Benefits of Taurine for Eyes
Nutritional Value of Rosewater
If you think that rosewater is only water with rose petals and then you think it wrongly because rosewater contains a lot of natural compounds like antiseptic, antimicrobial, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and some more powerful properties that are actually great for skin. To learn more about benefits of rosewater below is the list of benefits of rosewater for acne you should know.
- Acts as Antibacterial Agents
Bacteria are actually one of the main reasons how acne could occur. When the dead skin cells are clogged up in the pores, bacteria make that condition worse by causing infections. The clogged pores will be swelling and then acnes or pimples will occur. You could use rosewater as face toner, face sprayer or just simple wash your face with rosewater to kill bacteria that could cause pimples.
- Solution to Gentle Treatment for Acnes
As mentioned above, there are a lot of products you could find in marketplace that claimed to be effective to treat acnes. Unfortunately, most of those products contain alcohol that could cause redness or burning sensation in your skin. Actually, it is not only alcohol but also some chemical substances which could be harmful for your skin. Rosewater is the gentler solution to treat acne because it won’t cause redness or burning sensation.
- Maintains Optimum PH Balance
Having a balanced PH of your skin is one of the ways to treat acne. Only those with healthy skin and balanced PH could have perfect skin without acnes. Furthermore, by making sure your skin PH is balance, you could get rid of wrinkles and dark spots much easier. Well, balancing your skin PH is also one of the benefits of rose water that most people don’t know.
- Is Olive Oil Good for Your Hair
- Benefits of Cucumber for Eyes
- Benefits of Lavender for Skin
- Benefits of Drinking Green Tea for Beauty
- Tightens the Pores
Don’t take opened pores for granted because opened pores are like a welcome sign for bacteria, dust or other small particles to enter your pores and cause the clog. That’s why after you wash your face, especially when you wash it with warm water, is better for you to rinse your face with cold water to close the pores and for maximum result you could spray rosewater to tighten the pores.
- Controls Sebum
Sebum is oil substance produced inside the pores. Each person may have different skin type and the dry skin type produces less sebum if compared to those with oily skin type. This sebum has main function to transport dead skin cells to the surface but sometimes the process are disturbed by dust or cosmetic particles that cause the clog. Excessive sebum may control during that process and rosewater could help in controlling it.
- Heal the Scars
Rosewater is not only able to treat the acne by acting as antibacterial agents or preventing it from reappears but rosewater is one of the natural moisturizer that will make sure your skin in its best condition. This condition will support antioxidant properties found in rosewater to promote optimal cell regeneration to heal the scar as well. It is because acnes are likely to leave scars to your face and rosewater could help you dealing with it effectively and naturally.
- Benefits of Lavender for Skin
- Benefits of Turmerik for Beauty
- Health Benefits of Cilantro on Skin
- Benefits of Chocolate Face Mask
- Helps in Clearing the Pores
Clogged pores are the reason behind acnes. That’s why sometimes washing your face is not enough so you need rosewater to reach the deepest part of your pores to clear it thoroughly. By adding rosewater to your regular skin care, you could prevent acnes to reappear because there is no more reason for your pores to get clogged.
- Assists in Skin Cell Regeneration
The dead skin cells brought by sebum to the skin surface required replacement. Rosewater contains antioxidants that could assist in optimal regeneration of skin cells. Healthy skin cells regeneration is not only making sure your skin to look younger and healthier but also helping in accelerating wound healing caused by acnes and removing the ugly scar from your skin face.
- Contains Antioxidants
Free radicals are the reason behind fast skin cells degeneration and to balance it you need antioxidants to prevent free radicals from damaging your skin. Furthermore, antioxidants will make sure optimal skin regeneration.
- Benefits of Avocado for Skin
- Benefits of Rosewater
- Health Benefits of Korean Red Ginseng
- Health Benefits of Lotus Flowers
- Acts as Anti-inflammatory
As anti-inflammatory rosewater is not only able to treat acnes but also reducing the swelling caused by inflammation. Bacteria may likely the reason of this condition but inflammation supports this condition. By reducing the swelling the healing process could be accelerated. So, don’t forget to utilize the benefits of rosewater for acne to reduce the inflammatory caused by bacteria.
- Hydrates Skin
Skin also could suffer dehydration. Dull skin, acnes, dry skin, dark spot, premature aging, wrinkles are symptoms when your skin is suffering from dehydration. Water is not going to be enough to hydrate your skin, you still need rosewater because it contains moisturizer compounds that is not only hydrating your skin but also moisturizing it so it looks brighter and healthier.
- Effective to Treat Dry Acne-prone Skin
There might be a lot of benefits of rosewater for acnes but rosewater is probably the most effective solution to treat dry acne-prone skin. The moisturizing properties found in rosewater and all the benefits of water will keep your skin hydrated and moisturized and prevent it from getting dried.
- Health Benefits of Lemongrass
- Health Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamons
- Health Benefits of Indonesia Cinnamon
- Health Benefits of Cardamom
Cautions of Rosewater
As mentioned above, natural remedy is much better than cosmetic products that have been mixed with some chemical substances. Though the side effect is minimum but still there are some cautions you should aware of aside from the benefits of rosewater for acne.
- Rosacea is one of the skin conditions mostly occur in the face. Rosewater may effective to treat acne but it only makes rosacea worsen.
- Allergic reaction may occur to those who are allergic to roses.
- The using of organic roses is important because you cannot make sure whether the chemical residues were completely washed away when they were produced as rosewater.
- You should aware that the result of using rosewater to treat acne could be different in each person.
- Rosewater is effective skin moisturizer, so it probably cannot work optimally in skin with excessive production of sebum.
- Health Benefits of White Willow
- Health Benefits of Anise
- Health Benefits of Saffron
- Health Benefits of Asaforetida
How to Make and Use Rosewater to Treat Acne
Though there are a lot of products that claim to be natural rosewater, still it is much better if you make homemade rosewater yourself. Besides, how to make rosewater is not as difficult as you think.
7 Stems of Organic Roses
1.5 Liters Distilled Water
1 Liter Lukewarm Water
- After you remove the petals from the steams, put them in a bowl with lukewarm water to remove all the remaining residues.
- Put the rose petals inside a large pot and add the distilled water just enough to cover the petals. Too much distilled water is not recommended.
- Use the medium-low heat only and wait around 20-30 minutes for the water to simmer or until there is no more colors in the petals or at least their color turn into pale pink.
- Strain them to get the water without the petals.
- Let it cool down for a while and store them.
- Health Benefits of Kalonji Oil
- Health Benefits of Curcuma
- Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Health Benefits of Hollyhock
If you think 1.5 liters of rosewater is too much, well you could use rosewater to treat acnes in some different ways or as natural treatment for your skin. You could mix rosewater with lemon juice for optimal result because lemon juice could accelerate the wound healing and then rosewater is also able to be used with homemade face mask. Moreover, besides benefits of rosewater for acne, you could use rosewater to keep your skin healthy and hydrated as well. You could store rosewater in a spraying bottle and whenever you need to hydrate your skin, just spray it to your face for instant moisturizer.
Please Share if This Information Useful ^V^!